What Do We Believe?
We believe that:
- There is one God of three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Jesus as the only Way, Truth and Life (John 14:6)
- The bible as the Only Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16-17), and that we should therefore be devoted to His word.
- Repentance and Baptism are necessary for the forgiveness of sins and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38)
- Salvation is by grace through faith, not by works (Ephesians 2:8)
- Jesus must be the Lord of our time, money and relationships (Luke 14:25-33)
- We are to love God with all our heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:28-30)
- We are to love our neighbor as ourselves (Mark 12:28-31, 1 Peter 1:22 — inclusive of but not limited to:
- devoting ourselves to one another relationships (Romans 12:10)
- helping each other to mature in Christ and to become like Christ (Colossians 1:28)
- loving the poor (Matthew 25:31-46)
- seeking and saving the lost (Matthew 28:18-20, 2 Peter 3:9).